The Major Trauma Signposting Partnership service aims to facilitate an improved service and experience for Major Trauma Centre (MTC) patients and/or their families and carers whilst in hospital. The signposting service has been designed to provide support and advice to people with serious injuries as a result of major trauma and will facilitate access to advice on matters such as welfare benefits, housing, legal services and rehabilitation for MTC patients. University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW) is working with Cardinal Management Limited and Coventry Citizens Advice to deliver the service to its patients and/or their families and carers from April 2019.
The desired Project outcomes are:
- To facilitate an improved service/experience for patients and their families/carers.
- To establish best practice for public private rehabilitation provision.
- To help evaluate the impact of early welfare, legal and rehabilitation advice on patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- To help evaluate the impact on and benefits to the NHS of early advice on socio-economic issues and personal injury community involvement.
- To help improve NHS Injury Costs Recoveries.
Find Out More
For more information about the Major Trauma Signposting Partnership Service please get in touch: